Home   I     Renting    I    Problems


Anti-Social Behaviour   I   Condensation   I   Emergencies   I   Multiple Occupancy   I   Noise   I   Repairs   I   Respect Line   I   Rules   I    Sub-letting 

To help better understand what to do in the event of an emergency we have listed out information and/or links to the following: London Ambulance, Carbon Monoxide Info, Find a Dentist, Find a GP, Find a Hospital, Reporting Gas Leaks, Harlesden Fire Brigade, Local Police Info and how to report water leaks


We have attempted to lay out details of what to do in the event of a fire and also details about Carbon Monoxide and its poisioness effects. Please make time to look through this life saving information.

Please reload


Below you will find information about Emergency Services, Fire, Ambulance, Police as well as information you should know about Carbon monoxide also information about Emergency repairs at your home and links to medical services. Please take time to read through the information it could save your life or lives or others.



For reporting Anti-Social issues click here.



It is important that you identify where your water stopcock, gas shut off valve and mains electricity switch are when you move into your home, so that you do not have to waste time searching for them in an emergency. When you move in we will inform you where they are.

If you cannot find the stopcock, valve shut off or electricity mains switch and cannot find please contact your housing officer for advice.



Leave the property immediately alerting other residents if possible.

 Dial 999

Do not try to save any personal belongings


If you feel there is a dangerous situation


Switch off the electricity at the mains.

The switch is either next to the fuse box or next to the meter.


Then call Arneway

Dial 0208 965 5537


If your electricity supply fails completely,

call your electricity supplier.


If you smell gas, turn off the gas supply at the mains next to the gas meter and open all windows and leave the property

Dial 0800 111 999

Do not try to save any personal belongings 
For more information look here

This service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

In the event of a uncontrolled gas related fire in your home, get out of the building immediately if you can do so safely and dial 999

At this time:

DO NOT smoke or strike matches.

DO NOT  turn electrical switches on or off.

PUT OUT any naked flames. (for example, on a gas cooker).

KEEP PEOPLE away from the affected area.

If the problem relates to one of our gas appliances or our pipework, contact your housing officer immediately. If the problem happens outside normal office hours:

Call Arneway

Dial 0208 965 5537


Switch off the electricity at the mains.

If there is a leak or a burst pipe, turn off the water supply in your home by accessing the stopcock in your home if the problem is larger and affects other residents turn off the main stopcock which is normally inside your home or, if you live in a flat, behind a small trap door in the shared hallway. If you are unsure please contact the office.

Then call Arneway

Dial 0208 965 5537

If your water supply fails completely,

call your water supplier.

If you see a leak outside your home (for example, on the pavement or road), you can call a freephone leakline on 0800 714 614 (Thames Water area only).

Frozen pipes: In severe winter weather water can freeze in your pipes and cause damage by expanding until the pipe can no longer stretch to contain it. If your pipes freeze, you must defrost them slowly and carefully. If a pipe bursts after it has frozen, turn off the water supply to your home immediately contact your housing officer for advice and assistance.

Call Arneway

Dial 0208 965 5537

In an emergency, these actions may help to reduce any damage.


Fire precautions: The issue of fire safety is a major concern. You can make your environment safer and limit the risk of fire by taking some basic precautions:

Be very careful if you are using ANY gas heater / cooker.

Do not leave gas appliances on when nobody is it home.

Extinguish cigarettes fully

Keep an eye on pans on the cooker and take care when cooking with hot oil.

Turn off electric sockets when you are not using them.

You should fit a smoke alarm in your home:

Once a month you should test your smoke alarm using the test button.

Every six months gently vacuum the inside to remove dust from the sensor.

Once a year change the battery (unless it is a 10 year battery).

Always replace the battery if the low battery warning sounds with an intermittent bleep.

For more information on fire prevention visit:

For the safety of residents in shared properties, please make sure that you do not leave any goods or belongings (particularly flammable items) in the shared areas. Please do not obstruct shared staircases, corridors and hallways, since these are usually the main escape routes. Action will be taken against anyone leaving items blocking escape routes through shared areas.


Carbon Monoxide / (CO)


What are the symptoms of CO poisoning?

It’s worth remembering some symptoms of CO poisoning are similar to viral infections or tiredness, so try not to panic. However, call your doctor if you experience the following:



Nausea or feeling sick.




Loss of consciousness.

If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning call immediately


Dial 0800 111 999

First stage includes:

Flu like symptoms, mild headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea, confusion and increased heart rate.

Second stage includes:

Conscious but confused, disoriented, and movement difficulties due to extreme weakness.

Third stage includes:

Unconscious, convulsions, loss of muscle control, slow breathing.

Effects will vary for different individuals depending on the level and duration of exposure, body size and physical condition. If your symptoms reduce or disappear completely when you’re out of the house, it might be carbon monoxide poisoning. See your doctor if you have any health concerns.

Dial 999


For more information regarding CO (Carbon Monoxide)



Also listed are links to:

London Ambulance
Carbon Monoxide Information
Find a Dentist
Fina a GP
Find a Hospital
Harlesden Fire Brigade
Local Police Information
Reporting Gas Leaks
Report Water leaks

Alphabetical list of

services you

might find